Alum Lands Exclusive Interview

Joe Madison, AB ’71, a 30-year talk radio veteran, interviewed President Barack Obama in the Oval Office on Sept. 14, 2010. (Courtesy Photo)

President Barack Obama sat down for an exclusive interview with 30-year talk radio veteran Joe Madison on Sept. 14, 2010. Tackling a wide range of topics one-on-one in the Oval Office, Obama and Madison, AB ’71, discussed America’s relationship with Darfur, the deficit and African-American voter turnout. Obama also reflected on his favorite teacher and talked about his children’s book, Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters. Audio of the complete interview is available at www.joemadison.com.

“During the interview, I thought of my grandfather,” Madison says. “He was not able to vote during his lifetime, and he never would have believed that an African-American man would become president. To top that off, he would never have believed his own grandson would be sitting in the Oval Office participating in a one-on-one discussion with the most powerful man on earth.”

Known to his audience as the Black Eagle, Madison can be heard nationwide, Monday through Friday, at 6 a.m. EST on The Power XM 169-SIRIUS XM Radio, as well as WOL 1450AM-Radio One in Washington, D.C.